Thursday, August 21, 2014

Final Experiences

This study abroad was my most enjoyable experience during pharmacy school. Not only did I learn about pharmacy law and practices in a foreign country, but I witnessed the beauty of the Japanese culture. The Japanese way of living is unique, lively, and completely humbling.







The Japanese people have such a strong sense of pride and joy that is baffling. Growing up in America and living the American way almost makes me feel guilty for our actions and way of life. In Japan, nobody tips, there are little trash cans and pollution, little crime, amazing food, strong work ethic, and so much energy.




It's the little things. People don't crowd and block walkways. They don't litter or J-walk. They greet each other in respectful manners. They make their earnings and live modestly in small apartments. They are so sharing- never once did I see gluttony.




But even with all this kindness, they also knew how to have fun...


And how to welcome us with open arms...


And how to feed us!



This was my first time going to a foreign country where I knew little of the culture, and less of the language. However, with help from some of the greatest people I've ever met, we were able to truly enjoy ourselves and further our education.




I believe every student should go on a study abroad, or at the least travel. You get to experience how other cultures prioritize their goals, how their beliefs relate to ours. You get to see their pride in their buildings, art, and monuments. It really opens your eyes to something that we are blinded from. It's hard to describe in words, but it truly is a humbling feeling.







No comments:

Post a Comment