Monday, August 25, 2014

Japan: Last Tidbits

My 10 day trip to Japan still seems like a fantasy. I was able to visit a beautiful country, learn about the profession I am passionate about, make new friends, and try new foods.

I feel truly privileged to be able to go on this trip, not only for leisure but for learning as well. I was able to see...

Community pharmacy:
-Pharmacist-run only
-Each pharmacist only filling 40 scripts per day
-Some patients go to their doctor and are excited to get prescriptions


Hospital pharmacy:
-electronic labels on for their medications, some have priority over others with a light background or a dark background.
-The hospital also have a giant machine that could deliver whole carts of medications to each floor in the hospital.

Food
The food was nothing short of spectacular.
We were able to try the innovative "Conveyor Belt Sushi" at Kaiten Sushi.

I was able to discover my favorite roll of sushi! Although, I do not know how I am going to be able to eat sushi in America anymore... Blarg.


My absolute favorite, something that I would consider comfort food: Taiyaki!


Skinless Peach Tart from Heaven. I think I paid $8 for this and enjoyed every bite of it. OH MY GOSH!


Culture:
I also wanted to share one more experience I had about Japanese culture during my trip. I was browsing through the goods of a shop in the Uontana Fish Market in Akashi and decided I wanted to purchase some wall art. One of the shop workers was an old lady that came out to try to help me with my selection. Once I picked one, I expected to just pay her and go on my merry way. Instead, she invited me into the shop and offered me a seat and some tea while she assembled the piece of wall art I wanted to buy. The tea was served on Edo Kiriko, which is really beautiful Japanese glassware. I really did not expect this kind of service when going to Japan. I knew their service was excellent, but I now know how excellent it truly is.

Tea served on Edo Kiriko
Wall art I purchased.

This was truly a great experience for me. I was able to gain a new perspective in life and see a new culture very different from the one I am used to. Until next time!

-Hoang


No comments:

Post a Comment